Detox, draining, energizing … The virtues lent to lemon are numerous. Among them, lemon could help lose weight and burn fat. But is it the truth? In this article, discover the truth about the benefits of lemon, some tips for incorporating it into your daily life and 3 slimming recipes for losing weight with lemon!
The benefits of lemon for weight loss
The peculiarity of lemon lies in its very high content of vitamin C and citric acid. These two elements have many benefits on the body and can actively support the action of certain digestive organs. Here are the main benefits of lemon on the body and recognized by science:
Stimulates the digestive organs
Lemon stimulates the production of bile, enzymes and digestive juices. Thus, its consumption can stimulate the metabolism, facilitate digestion and keep a better level of energy.
Supports the action of the liver and gallbladder
It helps the liver and gallbladder when these key digestion organs are clogged. Indeed, food, stress, alcohol or even pollution are factors which tend to saturate the purifying organs gradually. Citric acid helps support them and prevents the accumulation of toxins in the body.
Lemon is a diuretic which, in addition to draining the digestive organs, supports the action of the urinary system and contributes to the good elimination of waste by the kidneys.
Rich in soluble fibers, and especially in pectin, lemon helps regulate the transit and absorption of fats and sugars. Pectin has the effect of retaining bile salts and excess cholesterol and facilitating their elimination via the intestinal transit. Also, lemon has a positive effect on keeping blood sugar levels in normal range.
Regulates acidity in the body
Lemon juice also buffers excess acidity in the body, which is the source of many pathological processes: bone demineralization, weakened immune system, etc.
Finally, lemon is a real concentrate of antioxidants. In addition to stimulating the body’s immune defenses, they help slow cell aging and maintain a healthy body for longer.
Ultimately, does lemon make you lose weight?
In reality, if the lemon has many benefits on the body it does not lose weight. Integrated into a healthy and balanced diet, it simply optimizes the effects of a healthy lifestyle. However, it cannot replace quality food.
How to integrate lemon in cooking to lose weight?
Although common, the use of lemon in cooking can easily be increased. Here are some ideas for cooking lemon to lose weight:
- Drink lemon-infused waters
- Consume lemon juice in the morning on an empty stomach
- Consider making lemon-based desserts
- Include lemon in vegetable and fish sauces
- Add a dash of lemon to dishes and desserts: soups, salads, vegetables, yogurts, fruit, etc.
What should we think of lemon cures and lemon-based diets to lose weight?
Many trendy diets ride the lemon trend and offer quick solutions to lose weight. However, one must be very careful with these methods. Often, the weight loss observed with these diets is not due to the consumption of lemon but to an extremely low caloric intake in parallel. In the long term, there is therefore a risk of weight gain, deficiencies and eating disorders.
On the other hand, drinking lemon water or adding lemon to a healthy and balanced diet can only be beneficial for the body. If you suffer from gastric tenderness, take care not to abuse lemon to lose weight.
Lose weight with lemon: 3 slimming recipes
In practice, here are 3 very easy recipes to be able to enjoy the benefits of lemon on a daily basis.
Iced lemon tea
- To make this lemon iced tea, boil the water with the honey in a large saucepan. Mix well so that the honey dissolves well.
- Then, once the mixture is boiling, add the green tea bags and leave to infuse for 5 minutes. Then remove the tea bags.
- In a carafe, place the squeezed lemon juice, one to two lemon slices and a few mint leaves. Then pour the tea and let it cool completely. Place in the fridge at least 8 hours before tasting chilled with ice cubes.
For 2 people
- 100 g cottage cheese
- 1 untreated lemon
- 1 egg
- 2 drops of lemon extract
- 2 c. low tablespoons of whole sugar
- To make the lemon mousse, start by washing the lemon. Then take the zest and squeeze it.
- Then, in a bowl, mix the egg yolk, lemon extract and whole sugar. Mix well until the mixture turns white. Then add the lemon juice, the zest and the fromage blanc. Mix.
- In another salad bowl, mount the egg white until stiff. Add the snow white to the previous mixture of sugar and fromage blanc. To do this, use a maryse and delicately so as not to break the whites.
- Finally, arrange the foam in a ramekin and place in the fridge for 2 hours minimum.
Lemon sauce for fish and vegetables
For 1 person
- 1 Greek yogurt
- A small bunch of chives
- ½ shallot
- ½ lemon
- 1 C. 1 teaspoon sweet mustard
- Salt pepper
- To make this lemon sauce for fish and vegetables, start by finely chopping the shallot.
- Then squeeze the lemon and chop the chives.
- Then, in a bowl, mix the mustard, lemon juice and yogurt. Add the chives and shallots and season with salt and pepper. Mix to obtain a homogeneous sauce. Consume immediately or after a few hours cool.