The chia seed has gradually invaded the shelves of organic supermarkets. For good reason, this little seed hitherto unknown has great virtues. Its exceptional composition would help to stay healthy but also to slim down. In this article, discover the nutritional benefits of chia seed as well as our two favorite recipes for consuming chia seed for weight loss.
Health and slimming interests of chia seed
The health and slimming virtues of chia seed are due above all to its exceptional composition. Indeed, the chia seed is extremely rich in antioxidants, fibers, proteins, essential amino acids, vitamins and minerals. It is also the richest plant source of Omega-3. Also, we must note the incredible capacity of the chia seed to swell in the presence of liquid elements. This property, as we will see, is very interesting in the context of a weight loss project.
Thanks to this unique composition, the chia seed makes it possible to:
- Increase satiety and avoid cravings thanks to its fiber content
- Significantly reduce food intake when included in a meal thanks to its ability to swell in the stomach
- Regulate blood sugar and avoid overproduction of insulin partly responsible for weight gain
- Promote the elimination of fat
- Regulate cholesterol and prevent cardiovascular disease
- Reduce the risk of overweight and obesity
- Participate in the prevention of certain cancers, especially digestive
- Fight inflammation
- Boost and support the immune system
- Provide the body with some of the essential nutrients it needs to function optimally
How to consume the chia seed to lose weight?
When you do not know this food, consuming the chia seed to lose weight can seem complicated. However, it is not ! Indeed, this seed has almost no taste and is perfect for most culinary preparations. You just have to think about it.
Here are some ideas for incorporating chia seeds into your daily diet:
- On salads and soups
- In sauces and vegetable dishes
- Added to cake, muffin and cookie preparations
- Used as a base to make dessert creams
- Consumed as a pudding
- In homemade juices and smoothies
- Integrated with granolas and breakfast cereals
- In homemade cereal bars
Sweet recipe based on chia seeds: chia pudding with granola and red berries
For 1 person
- 30 g almond granola
- 80 g fresh red fruit
- 200 ml almond milk
- 3 c. chia seeds
- 2 c. 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
Preparation of chia pudding with granola and red berries
- To make the chia pudding, start by mixing the almond milk, chia seeds and vanilla sugar. Stir carefully so that the chia seeds are well coated with milk. Cover and leave to cool overnight.
- The next morning, make your granola and red fruit chia pudding. In a glass or a bowl, start by placing half of the granola. Then add half of the chia pudding. Then repeat the operation until the preparations are used up. On top of your chia pudding, add the red fruits.
- Finally, taste your pudding without waiting.
Tips from the dietician
This recipe composed of chia seeds is ideal for healthy and lasting weight loss. Indeed, it makes it very easy to take advantage of the exceptional virtues of the chia seed while combining it with other sources of antioxidants, fibers and micronutrients thanks to the presence of vegetable milk, red fruits and oilseeds . This breakfast is therefore perfect to be satiated all morning and to recharge your batteries.
Savory recipe based on chia seeds: parmesan crackers and chia seeds
For 2 people
- 50 g whole wheat flour
- 25 g margarine
- 40 g grated parmesan
- 2 c. level tablespoon chia seeds
- 12.5 cl of water
- 1 C. dried oregano
- Salt pepper
Preparation of crackers with parmesan and chia seeds
- To make this recipe for crackers with parmesan and chia seeds, start by preheating your oven to 180 ° C (th. 6).
- Then, in a large bowl, mix whole wheat flour, grated parmesan, oregano, chia seeds, salt and pepper.
- Then add the diced margarine and start working the dough with your fingertips. You must get a sanded effect. Then add the water and continue working the dough. Form a ball with the dough then place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Finally, take the dough out of the refrigerator and then spread it on baking paper. Cut crackers of the size of your choice using a cookie cutter. Then, bake for 10 to 15 minutes before tasting lukewarm or cold.
Tips from the dietician
This recipe is a perfect way to integrate the chia seed to lose weight. At aperitif time, it allows you to avoid all industrial biscuits of poor nutritional quality and to stock up on good nutrients. In this recipe, oregano can be replaced with thyme and parmesan with another hard cheese of your choice.